Search This Blog

Sunday 12 July 2020

LIVE AID SATURDAY 13-JULY -1985-35 YEARS AGO -13-07-2020

My personal memory of a major international music eve live aid which had numerous artists doing a live gig at Wembley Stadium,London,England and across the pond at John F Kennedy Stadium ,Philadelphia,America.
At this time of my life I was living in a bedsit based in Southend -on -Sea ,Essex ,I was working down the arcades,the last one on the one mile long seafront road ,just cleaning,collecting money.
I remember watching most of it on the television outside broadcast on BBC 1.
Here is the list of performance s and my rating out of 5 ,it a personal preference so please agree to disagree.
Coldstream Guards..God Save the Queen -3-5
Status Quo -Rockin all other the world,Caroline,Don't Waste my time -5-5
The Style Council -You,re the best thing,Big Boss Groove,Internationalists,Walls come Tumbling Down.3-5
The Boomtown Rats-I Don't Like Mondays,Drag me Down,Eat Trap-5-5
Adam Ant-Vive Le Rock-4-5
Ultrovox -Reap the Wild Wind,Dancing With Tears In My Eyes,One Small Day-4-5
Spandau Ballet-Only When You Leave,Virgin,5473-3-5
Elvis Costello -All You Need Is Love -3-5
Nik Kershaw -Wide Boy,Don Quixote,The Riddle,Would,t it Be Good -4-5
Safe-Why Can't We Live Together,Your Love Is King,Is It A Crime -3-5
Sting -Phil Collins -Roxanne"sting",Driven by Tears"sting ",Against all odds,Take a look at me now,Message in a bottle"sting",In the Air tonight,Long Long Way to go "sting and phil Collins",Every Breath you Take -5-5

 Howard Jones -Hide and seek -3-5
Bryan Ferry -David Gilmour as backing guitarist -Sensation,Boys and Girls,Slave to love,Jealous Guy-5-5

Paul Young -intro-Do they know it's Christmas,Come and Stay,That's the way love is with Ailson Moyet,Every time you go Away -5-5

U2-Sunday bloody Sunday,Bad with snippets of Satellite of love,Ruby Tueday,Sympathy for the devil,Walk in the Wild side -5-5

Dire Straits -Money for Nothing with Sting,Sultans of Swing-5-5

Queen-First part-Bohemain Rhapsody,Radio Ga Ga,Hammer to fall,Crazy little thing called love,We will rock you,We are the Champions -5-5

David Bowie-TVC 15,Rebel Rebel,Modern Love,Hero's -5-5
The Who -My Generation,Pinball wizard,Love reign o,er me,Won't be fooled again -5-5
Elton John -I am still standing,Bennie and the jets,Rocket man,Don't go breaking my heart with kiki see-Don't let the sun go down with Wham,Can I get a witness -5-5
Freddie Mercury -Brian May -Is this the world we created -4-5
Last two songs featured various artists -Let it be,Do they know it's Christmas
HIGHLIGHTS OF PHILADELPHIA JOHN F KENNEDY CENTRE
Yet again a personal preference

Four tops ,Billy Ocean,Black Sabbath,Rick Springfield,REO speedwagon,Crosby,Stills and Nash,Judas Priest,Byran Adams,The Beach Boys,Simple minds,Pretenders,Madonna The Cars,Led Zeppelin,Hall and Oats.
All in All it still a
 Very strong memory and big part of my life I was glad I got to WATCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment