Search This Blog

Saturday 31 October 2015

TENDAGRAVE AN ARTICLE

What is TendaGrave Tendagrave is a free service for people who cannot for whatever reason tend a family or friend's grave. It will put you in touch with other people in a similar situation. You then offer to tend a grave in your local area and, in return, your loved one's grave will also be lovingly looked after. How does it work? It is so simple to use our site. The first step is to register where you will be asked where you are located and how often you are able to help others. You can then tell us about the grave you would like help with. Once you are matched with someone you can arrange for flowers to be delivered to them, or discuss with them the services you need. The idea is that no money changes hands Please click here to view our FAQ Latest News New Partnership with the VC Trust Ooh exciting – this is our first proper blog! Can you believe we have been going just over a year?... We’re a year old! Can you believe we are a year old? A big thank you to our friends and supporters and, of course, our...to help follow links -http://www.tendagrave.org/register-https://www.facebook.com/Tendagrave/
I came up with the idea for Tendagrave shortly after my wonderful grandma died. She's buried with my grandad in Suffolk but I live in Kent and the rest of my family are scattered around the country. I was quite lucky for a while as my best friend lived only a couple of miles from their grave and would pop over for me when I asked and put flowers on and tidy it up. Then she moved to Australia which meant there was no-one to help.
The summer after my friend emigrated, I drove up to the grave with a pot of lovely flowers which I hoped would add some colour for a few months before I could visit again. Knowing the pot would need watering, I put a note up in the church with my number asking if someone could contact me if they could look after the pot. No-one called. It was a very hot summer and within a couple of weeks the flowers had withered and died.
All I wanted was for someone to water the pot for me but it seemed impossible to find someone to do it. This was when I realised that I was probably not the only person in this situation. I could not find any organisation or service out there that could help so decided that maybe I should come up with one myself.
Now, a few years later, Tendagrave is up and running. It's something I feel very passionate about and hope that it brings some comfort to those people who have lost a loved one but aren't close enough to their final resting place to show that they still think about them often and still care. I know that we do think about them often and do care and through this site we can show just how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment