Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 August 2018

30 Years in Devon.

It seems like only yesterday that I made the biggest gamble in my life to leave Essex and go to Devon to be with back then my girlfriend now my Wife Enid.How did I make this happen I just looked at my life and thought I take a gamble as had nothing to lose at the time I was living in a room above a gym in Southend on sea Essex and estranged from my family,my own fault as felt uneasy at home at time.To give you a little background i put myself up for sale in a bikers magazine Called Back Street Hero,s and got 3 replies.A girl in Aylesbury,A lady from Bodmin ,A person from unknown ..The girl in Aylesbury was a bros fan who I did visit but it was a total waste of time as was just there to make her ex boyfriend jealous and nearly got robbed.The person who I thought was a woman turned out to be a man having a jape ..joke.at my expense.The lady in  Bodmin then called herself She was the one I found I was more connected to,we phoned each other regular,wrote letters.The first time I meet in the flesh was in Bodmin,Cornwall,a 8 hour coach trip.We meet again and then as I mentioned before I took the risk of leap of faith to be with her.Now it gets a bit of a troubled start due to fact she was married with 3 children and that just say the ex husband was a bit like a villain in the old films.All through the frist 3 years together we had a lot of hassle but it made us grow stronger and back in I think 1989 I proposed to her in Ilfarcombe job centre.We got married in Holsworthy register office on 15.6.1991.We have moved around a bit in those 30 years and now we have  been in Holsworthy Devon for 3 years.So you see all my 30 Years in Devon have been with my wife Enid and I would not change that for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment