Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 September 2022

The vistor and the werewolf

 Peering out the door at his visitor the old man with enormous eyebrows said.

(Come in)

(I have had no visitors for quite some time as I live here in the mountains and strangers like yourself pass infrequently, the last one was a couple of months ago since then I have been hungry for conversation.)

The visitor entered the old man's cottage which was ancient looking and took off his hat and coat and sat down on a comfortable chair.


The old man asked.

(How can I help you)

The man replied.

(Sir, I have been sent by the University of Heidelberg as I am studying a dissertation on Lycanthropy and I was told by my professor that you have written some extraordinary curious books on the subject so I decided to come and see you and pick your brain for information and source material)

(I confess I had a hard time finding out where you live as soon as I spoke to the local villagers at the mere mention of your name their fled in fear as if I ask to see satan himself.)

(It's only when I bribed one of the villager's children with sweets that I learn of this mountain and your cottage.)


The old man smiled at his visitor revealing a set of white, gleaming teeth that the visitor thought were a bit incongruous for an old man.


The old man went on to talk about how explorers of this subject were mostly superstitious fools afraid of the dark.

Then the old man walked to his desk, opened a drawer and took out a strange-shaped bottle which contained a vile green liquid.


The old man showed the visitor and said in an amused kind of way 

(This liquid can magically change anyone into a werewolf even you!)

The visitor laughed with a sense of wonder and curiosity.

(Surely you are toying with me, sir?)


The old man said.

(Oh I see you don't believe me, I think it is time to prove to you that the liquid works)


Then the old man rubs the vile green liquid onto his face, hands, and body.

The visitor is transfixed to the spot like a statue thinking surely he was dealing with the ideas of a madman and the old man was playing a trick on him.

But after a few moments transformation had happened for standing in front of the visitor was a half man, half wolf hideous beast, the visitor tried to turn and flee but it was already too late for the werewolf's fangs were at his throat.


No comments:

Post a Comment