Search This Blog

Monday 12 September 2022

Chess by Mark Antony Raines.

 A rewrite of Checkmate (1954)Frankenstien comics.


My wife hated it when I got up in the middle of the night turned on the light just jot something down in his notebook.

(What are you doing for Pity's sake at this unearthly hour)said, my wife.

I just told her his work was not complete yet and put out the light and told her to go back to sleep.

(Go back to sleep )my wife mimicked me and then added.

(You think it is that easy now I my sleep has been disturbed)

I replied I could think why she could not go back to the realm of the Sandman.

My wife then sarcastically told me how this was the fourth night in a row I had done this and she was beginning to get suspicious.

I fell silent apart from the snoring coming from my nasal problem to my open mouth.

So my wife out of frustration shook me violently awake.

Screaming.


(If I can not sleep why should you).

I told her I just wanted a piece of privacy but she took the notebook from my hand and put on her reading glasses to see what scribes I had put on paper.

The notebook read.

(Gluch -gumption-ghost -gambit -gold)

My wife looked me dead in the eyes and said.

(What is this gibberish?)

I informed her that for the last succession of four nights I have the same dream and I decided to write down keywords so as not to forget what I had just dreamt.


My wife what the dream was about, I preceded that in my dream I playing chess with a ghost that every time I make a move keeps saying over and over.

(That is not the right Gambit and if you had sort of gumption you run the can't let of doom into the gulch and pick up more gold than ever need in your lifetime )

I said to my wife Libby I think the ghost is testing me she presumed that I was joking but I told her firmly the dream was driving me crazy.

Libby just told me I was a stupid fool to think a ghost would tell him of the gold mine in his dreams.

So she grabbed the notepad and tossed it into the air, as reached the foot of the bed suddenly a ghostly shape reached out its bony hand and snatched the notebook right in thin air and then the notebook floated out of the bedroom window into the night.

(Did you see that?)said Libby in a very hoarse voice from screaming.

I just looked on panicked and bewildered and we both decided there and then we wished to no longer live in a house of a mad ghost.


The next day Mr and Mrs John awaited the estate agent to open his office.

They informed him to resale the house and asked about its history.

He told them he had expected thus this to happen as it had been sold and resold for years due that the wife of a mining man that once owned the house centuries ago used it after his death and held seances to find out were his mines were located without success, but the miner was known to be an eccentric old cuss and used to play chess with his wife all the time but never told her anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment