Search This Blog

Monday 20 December 2021

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

 

Twinkling neon lights around the front of of the house like a bizarre octopuses tentacles,
Blown up Santa's and Reindeer,blinking on and off a  constant repeat eternal loop,
Elevator Christmas songs play  untunefully in your ears,
Causing it to create an earworm affect through out your day,
Each house in a war of whom can be the loudest and brightest during the yuletide,
My head fills like it's going to explode into tiny pieces over the neighbours overwhelming obsession ,I watch them put up scaffolding, climbing ladders,the din of hammering of nails like chalk on a board grinding away at my very soul
I know now way scrooge says bah humbug to it all,
Every year since I joined this neighbourhood its been the same it's driving me insane,
So one day I had enough of this festival of so called delight, picked up my axe for chopping up wood entered the house as silent as a mouse,
Crept up stairs opened the bedroom doors without a squeak and I sneaked in ,
Raised my axe with all my might and rhymically swing it to out of tune silent night,
Until all the red come be seen is the crimson iron rich blood on the white crisp carpet,
I let out a ho ho ho and screamed at the top of my voice.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment