Search This Blog

Sunday 16 May 2021

Just a Minute by Mark Antony Raines

 Skeleton s dancing, 

Creaking,

Squeaking, 

Manic laughing, 

 A voice in the plutonium shadows whispers  ,

"Just a Minute ",

I reply "Who  are you? "

The voice just repeats like a broken record over and over; 

"Just a Minute "

I start to walk faster ,my heart pumping  ;

Sweat pouring down my skin omissions bony frame :fogging my glasses so my vision  is hampered. 

Trees rustling their amber copper leaves ,

Dark Shadows from on the tarmac and the concrete on the roads and the woods.

I reached my journey,s end ;my mind must be playing bizarre mind games due to watching too many horror film s into the plutonium night. 

"Just a Minute "says the mystery voice without seeming to have body .

Thunder crashing, 

Rain drops hit hard making the ground come alive with a eerie music. 

My journey has reached its end in front of me are the rusty iron gates which I push ajar and squeeze through, 

I walk through the graveyard maze of upright and fallen gravestones; pass Angels and Crosses until  I arrive 

I stare down at the recent dug six by six deep trench in the ground inside is my final resting place, 

My oak Coffin :I have no mourners to say goodbye to my departed soul just  the words of my last victims who are ready  to join me in my own personal prison of hell. 

All of them shout 

"Just a Minute "

The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment