Search This Blog

Friday 19 March 2021

VIVIENNE EMERY THERAPIST AUTHOR COACH WWW.VIVIENNEEMERY.COM BOOK FREEDOM FROM ANXIETY IN FIVE STEPS.

 










The majority of help out there for people with anxiety, depression and trauma is based on the outdated idea that we think first and then feel. The latest neuroscience, however, tells us that we feel first and then think when we are emotionally aroused. Many treatments for stress and anxiety tell people to challenge their thoughts.  Although this can be useful, it will only work once the nervous system is calm because when we are stressed the thinking brain function is turned down.  We therefore do not think first, but feel first.  This information has been known since the 1990s thanks to MRI scans, but it is still not that widely shared. I would like to help spread this message so that treatment can be more effective.  


 


The book is a 5-step program to help people first understand and then change what is going on in their body and mind when feeling stressed and anxious.  The aim of these five steps is not to simply share information, it is a course within a book.  I have made five free audio recordings to accompany the book because I strongly believe that transformation comes from doing not just learning. There is also a bonus audio to help induce sleep.


 


This five-step program came about as a result of my own personal experience of needing to reduce the stress and anxiety that was being held in my body.  I needed to take action that moved me away from useless quick fixes and instead find tools and techniques that would calm my nervous system and strengthen my resilience to future stress and worry.


 


I took the techniques I had learned into my therapy clinic to use with the many clients that would walk through my door frustrated and at their wits end trying to either numb their anxiety with medication or reduce it by challenging their thoughts alone.  After working with them I devised a 5-Step program that has proven to be extremely effective time and time again. 


 


Although my anxiety book is new, I have had nothing but positive feedback and great reviews, which makes me believe that it has a lot to offer your listeners. If you would like (as a thank you) I can record a free audio for your listeners that will help them calm their nervous system by stimulating the relaxation response.


      


I currently run my own therapy clinic in the south-east of England and have previously written two free e-books, one on depression and the other on PTSD, which are circulated by local charities and in GP surgeries to help people in severe distress make changes in the way they perceive and understand their symptoms. 


 


The book was released on Amazon last week, here is the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KGX2C9Y








 


https://www.vivienneemery.com/  




https://www.instagram.com/habitshakers/




 


No comments:

Post a Comment