Search This Blog

Thursday 22 August 2019

Romance never dies by Mark Antony Raines

it seems a long time ago that myself and Mary planned out journey to be here in Canada to just escape from our rat race jobs and  mundane life which is On an endless circle of sleep,work,eat it seems to me like we are like the television repeats on a constant loop .I look at the calendar on the wall the one with funny animal pictures and On the month of May there is a circle around the number 15 as this is the date of our Forty years of marriage and we honest to admit it asked it had its hiccup s along the way.Mary says she has felt off colour since that damn insect bit her leg ,I checked the bite at the time but it just looked like an anger red spot.Mary and I Sent from the Hotel into our car and we drove in a long tiring journey and finally reached our  destination in the Plutonian darkness of night ,so we quickly set up our tent after a few swear words and shouting and storming off the tent was erect and our sleeping bags set in the ground .The next morning we made breakfast and I had to go for a wee and left Mary sat on her campaign camping chair still complaining of not feeling right and refusing breakfast as not feeling hungry.So I left for a couple of minutes to go into the near by woods to relieve myself.When I got back Mary was stood by the chair seemly staring at the beauty of the surrounding scenery of our camp site .I approached her to just see if she was feeling any better but as she turned around to face me I saw in front of me not my Wife of Forty years but a red-eyed,skin blistered,deadly white pale creäture which was showing its teeth to me and then lunged at me at full pelt .With the momentum of the force I landed on our breakfast table ,plastic cups,plates,knives and forks scattered in the ground .I could feel her hot breath as her body weight was pinning me down in the table she then proceeded to take a chunk out of my face the was starting on my arm ,I was intense pain and losing blood like a broken can leaks water,I pass out.Day and night pass and repeat for a couple of days ,the beauty of sunset and star laided skies are loss on the two figures walking in a slow shuffle along the paths ,sounds of moaning and inaudible groans emit from their mouths as their disfigured bodies ,limbs missing ,covered in bite marks seemly holding their remaining rotting flesh hands together in a strange loving embrace .As many a song of poem,book has been written that romance is a long journey of his and downs,riffs and making up,getting married and saying your be together in sickness or health,true love never dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment