Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Help me start a charity for.S.V.D.

How does your small vessel disease of the brain affect me?Well I have memory problems ;get confused; movements in body. .legs:arms..stutter; mood tends to be flat plus affects cognitive skills.What direction are the doctors looking at with your s.v.d? Looking at possible dementia or parkinsonism; awaiting more tests. How do cope with s.v.d? At first it got to me but now just deal with it as just part of me .I have tried to see if support group but no joy so I hope this helps you understand me better. Ps i am alooking diabetic 'asthma; arthritis, neurology problems; o.c.d so not much else to cope with a..Update have done all the tests no dementia or Parkinson's disease so sort of good news but I am still dealing with problems mentioned ,I can't believe I am not the only one .I am trying to raise awareness as thinking of setting up a charity based on helping people with the same problem as I have tried everything and no joy so I going to help others like me.I using this to raise awareness and see if anyone interested.what I need to do...

Set up a charity

There are 6 steps to setting up a charity.
  1. Find trustees for your charity - you usually need at least 3.
  2. Make sure the charity has ‘charitable purposes for the public benefit’.
  3. Create a ‘governing document’.
  4. Register as a charity if your annual income is over £5,000 or if you set up a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO).
There are different rules in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Tax relief

To get tax relief your charity needs to be recognised by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).


Background

Cerebral small vessel disease (SVD) is a frequent finding on CT and MRI scans of elderly people and is related to vascular risk factors and cognitive and motor impairment, ultimately leading to dementia or parkinsonism in some. In general, the relations are weak, and not all subjects with SVD become demented or get parkinsonism. This might be explained by the diversity of underlying pathology of both white matter lesions (WML) and the normal appearing white matter (NAWM). Both cannot be properly appreciated with conventional MRI. Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) provides alternative information on microstructural white matter integrity. The association between SVD, its microstructural integrity, and incident dementia and parkinsonism has never been investigated.

No comments:

Post a Comment