Search This Blog

Sunday 9 November 2014

Sheri Myler interviewed by mark antony raines aka ghostman

What inspired you? As a budding cryptozoologist, I have read many stories of mystery animal sightings and ensuing investigations. A recurring theme is the inclusion and importance of eye witness testimony. This is often criticised by those who do not realise that this is merely the starting point of the investigation. However, as a key element in the initiation of research, it is important to consider the reliability witnesses to potentially mysterious sightings. What are your aims? The aim of my dissertation was to consider the first step in this type of investigation and assess the reliability of witness. I limited my research to the British public and their knowledge of British animals. I developed a quiz-style questionnaire to hand out randomly to people, while trying to include a range of people, to avoid bias. The data collection phase is ongoing at this time. Analysis of this data will hopefully provide an answer to how well the British public know what animals are around them. What plans do you have for the future? On completion of this dissertation, and indeed my degree course, I intend to develop further in this line of work. I hope to be able to optimise the process of cryptozoological research, for the betterment of the field as whole as well as myself, when I embark on my own investigations. At this time, I am uncertain as to whether I will go immediately onto a post-graduate degree, or develop my work experience for a year or so first.

No comments:

Post a Comment