Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 December 2019

The Count by Mark Antony Raines Chapter 1

My Name is  Jonathan and this is my account of strange events as I was ask to go to Transylvania as was   newly qualified English solicitor to attend to the affairs of a sale to a man by the name of Count Dracula.
 His  castle was in  the Carpathian Mountains on the border of Transylvania, Bukovina, and Moldavia, to provide legal support for a real estate transaction overseen by my  employer, Mr Peter Hawkins of Exeter.
 At first the Count seemed gracious in his manner after my long  arduous journey on a trek through woods,a dirt  track roads and a change of carriages halfway as my original driver refused to go beyond a certain point leaving in the woods and crossing himself with mad intent.
I recount my journey to the Count,A tall thin man whose eyes make you feel transfixed to your spot.
I am invited to stay the night and informed to stay in my room until the rising of the sun at dawn,this made feel like a prisoner.
 I  get restless and start  Wandering the Count's castle against Dracula's admonition,
 I encounter three female  on  their way to my room called "the sisters",  before their can approach me t he  voice of  Dracula tells them to get back to their room as He said very strangely that was not for them this time.Dracula turns to me and looks straight into my eyes and I am impaled to go back into my room and sleep.
I awake the next day and check my door it's not locked so I leave my room for a second time,I wander around the castle and begin to notice in the daylight it's full of cobwebs and the eerie silence of no people ,no birds,no nothing but the grey walls seemly closing in on you.
I wander for ages and and find not a sole ,I come upon a large oak door with strange cravings of a flying bats and writing of an unknown knowledge,I check to see if I can enter.
The oak door creaks open I am shocked and stunned to find a large coffin sitting upon a stone altar .
Suddenly I am hit on the head from behind ,I fall to the ground with a thud.
I  awaken to find myself tied up and the Count Dracula smiling and revealing a set of teeth with two of them pointed like fangs.
 Dracula  tells me how he became a creature of night vampire.
Many centuries ago he was one of Ivan the Terrible s captive s nailed to a wooden cross and long pikes sink into their skins so to let them bleed to death while Ivan the Terrible watched and eat his dinner.
Thinking he Dracula was dead he was left to fit and await the vultures,hyena,and insects to feast on his cadaver.
Dracula screamed to the devil to save him and a black figure appeared and said to him I will give you the power to live and return you will suck the blood of your victims and their souls will be mine,your power is only during the night as it represents Darkness,I give you the ability to transform into a bat,the client dark messenger of the night.
Dracula felt two fangs plunge into his neck and blood being drained ,we he awoke he had an overwhelming need to feed on blood as he pulled his body from the cross.
Jonathan asks why are you telling me this ,well says Dracula I need to move on from here as my enemy is coming so I decided to try out England,I just needed you to set it up and your usefulness is at an end.
After the preparations are made, Dracula leaves Transylvania and abandons Jonathan  to the sisters who were also vampires.
Jonathan barely escapes from the castle with his life,as the sisters surrounded him he was ready to meet his maker ,but luck was in his side for the Count had regaled his tale to long and a faint sun ray beamed into the room causing the sisters to back away,Jonathan just about manages to pull the curtains down and in doing this act caused the sisters bodies to combust into flames,so Jonathan run for his life as fast as his little legs would let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment