Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Robin Bellamy View interviewed by mark antony raines

You asked:  QUESTIONS -WHAT INSPIRED YOU?
I can’t say I ever was really  “inspired”.    I began as a ghost researcher and family historian.  The group I was associated with at the time lost their director of Cryptozoology and I got tagged to fill in. I’ve been at it ever since.  I was just about to “retire” when Jon Downes of the CFZ (Centre for Fortean Zoology) asked if I would to the Canadian blog site for them and I’m still here!

WHAT ARE YOUR AIMS? I’m all about education.  I love to lecture and to write, and my goal is to teach people how to really learn about these odd beings around us.  It drives me crazy when a mangy dog gets misidentified as a “Chupacabra” or people flock to pay money for an obviously fake Sasquatch.  My goal is to get enough information out there that “regular” scientists no longer see only the weirdos and the gullible and maybe someday start doing funded research on these yet to be discovered   creatures.                                                                                                                                               WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE FRO THE FUTURE  I’m not sure what the future holds.  I’m aging, so my time in the field is pretty limited.    I am working on a book on how to do simple science at home (as it relates to paranormal studies)—tentatively called “Xenoforensics” and once that is done there are several others waiting to be started.  That could mean that I travel to lecture less and study more, which I would really enjoy.  There aren’t a lot of female cryptozoologists in North America; especially those who involve science in their study.  I will never be a Jane Goodall, but I will try hard not to retire until there are a few more potential Goodall’s around.

No comments:

Post a Comment