- The key feature of dementia is a decline in cognitive functions. These are mental processes such as thinking, reasoning, learning, problem solving, memory, language, and speech.
- Other features that occur frequently in dementia include changes in personality and behavior.
- Generally, these symptoms are not considered dementia unless they have continued unabated for at least 6 months.
- Dementia has many different causes. Some may be reversible, such as certain infections, drug intoxication, and liver diseases. Of the irreversible causes, the most common in older adults is Alzheimer's disease.
- Although dementia is frequently linked to old age (“getting senile”), it is not a normal part of aging. Even children with certain degenerative brain disorders can develop dementia.read more
Sunday, 4 September 2016
Dementia is a serious brain disorder that interferes with a person’s ability to carry out everyday tasks.
I have a nephew who has Downs Syndrome and I have dealt with people who were in special needs who had downs as well to me they are just peop...
A flock of sheep that are about to meet their maker at the abattoir got high on cannabis plants worth £4,000, after the drugs were ditched ...
Nappercise if you wish to give it a go is a new fad exercise in which tired parents sleep to reinvigorate themselves. But at the moment you ...
It seems that their is no news during weekends apart as during weekdays you get it hourly or half hourly but I wonder why. As mentioned in p...