Search This Blog

Monday 16 October 2017

JEFF MCCALL INTERVIEW

Hi,

My answers to your interview questions below.

Hope that's what you're after?

Jeff.

-------------------------

what inspired you?

I love to sing! It's the one thing that's guaranteed to make me happy, 
so I do it often. This got me involved in bands for the first time in 
the early 80s, when I eventually joined a synthpop band called Malicieux 
Garde. We played together for 6 years, which is when I began writing my 
own songs.

I'm a great lover of music and have very broad musical tastes. However, 
I always return to may favourite 80s synthpop, and bands like Ultravox, 
Depeche Mode, Erasure and Tears For Fears. I get ideas and inspiration 
from all the music I listen to that I can make my own and use in my songs.

I had a very long lay-off from music until about 4 years ago when I 
started to take guitar lessons. Up until that time I had been totally 
self taught and could only strum an acoustic. These lessons rekindled my 
desire to begin making music again, and begin writing new material. This 
culminated in me releasing my first solo EP in February 2016.

What are your aims?

When I released the EP my thoughts at the time were "What do I do now? 
How can I get people to hear this?" That was when I found a whole 
community of independent musicians on the internet who were helping each 
other to share the skills to promote their music outside of the confines 
of the traditional music industry.

As an independent musician, my main aim is to introduce as many people 
as I can to my music and grow my audience. I want to build a 'community' 
around my music making, involving people in a way they've never 
experienced before. I want to give them the access they never get with 
mainstream artists. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want them 
to become more friends than fans; friends I know and who know me, who 
contact each other regularly.

What plans do you have for the future?

I've just released my first album so my main priority at the moment is 
to continue to promote that. I'm finding that my creative juices are 
flowing well at the moment and I'm writing more new material faster than 
I ever have before. I still have a back-catalogue of some great songs 
and will release some of them on a second EP in a few months.

However, at the top of my list of plans is playing live again. Now the 
album is done I can spend some time developing a set-up that will allow 
me to perform this material to an audience. I intend to do some live 
streaming gigs online to begin with, but hope to play to a live audience 
or two sometime next year.

Links?

The best places for people to check out my music are:

www.jeffmccallmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/jeff-mccall
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIcs5_SG22h7uZA8RaRe3iQ

If they like my music and would like a FREE copy of my full-length 
album, I am giving it away using a unique interactive 12-day experience. 
They can sign up at www.jeffmccall.com/night-life

My social media links are:
www.facebook.com/jeffmccallmusic
www.twitter.com/jeffmccallmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment