Search This Blog

Saturday 7 February 2015

Man born with a womb prepares for hysterectomy

A businessman is preparing to have a hysterectomy after doctors discovered he was born with a womb. The 37-year-old Lancashire man discovered he has a full set of female reproductive organs after undergoing scans for suspected bladder cancer. Now the man, who is being called Rob in order to protect his identity, has reportedly been advised by medical staff to have the organs surgically removed, even though it could trigger the menopause. Doctors believe Rob has a rare condition called persistent Müllerian duct syndrome (PMDS). This results in men developing both external male genitalia and internal female reproductive organs. Most cases are diagnosed at birth or puberty, although people can discover they have intersex bodies — also known as differences of sex development (DSD), at any age. Related Articles Woman born with no womb gives birth to miracle twins Woman born with no womb gives birth to miracle twins 31 Jan 2015 Something is wrong with my vagina, but I'm scared to see a doctor 30 Jan 2015 Father turns to crowdfunding site for help raising disabled son rejected by his mother 06 Feb 2015 Metabolic type testing fixed my ailing body 06 Feb 2015 Rob's condition was revealed when he underwent an MRI scan after complaining about blood in his urine. He said: "The diagnosis came as a bombshell. I've never seen myself as anything but an ordinary bloke who has a normal sex life. I was shocked when the consultant said I had a fully functioning set of women's reproductive organs, and I was even having periods. "It appears I could even potentially get pregnant. But I've been told by doctors I'll be having a hysterectomy in the next few weeks. Bizarrely, that could lead to menopause."READ MORE-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11397560/Man-born-with-a-womb-prepares-for-hysterectomy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment